THE GPS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
What: Join us for the First Annual Rocky Top Battalion GPS Scavenger Hunt. Take a tour around campus, find historical locations and earn a chance to win an Ipad mini. First 100 participants will receive a free t-shirt. Must be present at the start of the event to receive your free t-shirt.
Where: Flag pole in front of Hoskins (1400 Cumberland Ave)
Who: UT students and local high school students with valid UT or High School ID.
1. Event is open to current UT students with valid UT Student ID and high school students with valid student ID.
2. Each participant must furnish their own GPS device.
3. Participants must travel by foot during the duration of the event. If a participant uses any other method of transportation during the time frame allotted for the event the participant is disqualified.
4. Each participant will be given a list of 30 Latitude/Longitude coordinates and a question that corresponds with the coordinates. The participant must walk/run to the location and find the answer to the question. Participants must write the answer on the answer sheet provided. The answer must be clearly written and legible.
5. Questions/locations will be given a point value from 1-3 based on the difficult of the question or the distance required to reach the location. Participants may search for the locations in any order they choose.
6. The participant with the highest point total in the shortest amount of time will be declared the winner.
7. All decisions of the event staff are final.
8. The organizers of the event reserve the right to refuse participation to any person at the organizers discretion.
9. The organizers of the event reserve the right to cancel, postpone and/reschedule the event without notice or explanation to the participants.